Our finished film opening sequence.


Our finished film opening sequence.

Thursday 22 June 2017

Evaluation Question 2: What have you learnt from participating in each prelim tasks 1, 2, 3 and 5?

Task 1: The Audition Video


I learnt quite a lot from completing this task:

  • How to Lip-sync. Lip-syncing is a major part of the project as a whole, and I didn't realize until we made our audition video how difficult it really is, and that you would need to sing the lyrics to be able to look realistic in the video.
  • I also learnt the importance of maintaining your eye-line, and actually learning the lyrics off by heart. As in our video my close ups have my eyes continuously darting between the camera, and the lyrics we had pinned up behind the camera, and it just looks pretty awful.
  • Boldness is something I learnt from doing this, as you need to be bold to be able to create a good, fun video.
Task 2: Practicing the Performance

I learnt an awful lot from Jasmine, our performance director, about how to perform in front of a camera.
  • She played games with us such as Woo-Ha to make us be more confident and bold in our performances.
  • Jasmine also took sessions where we had to say lines, and show emotions whilst being filmed, and watched. These really helped me understand how to properly convey feelings to the camera, and helped everyone to get out of their shells a bit more.
Jazzi doing a camera session With the Band

Task 3: Planing and Organizing our Costume

Close up of me in costume with hair and makeup
Me (center) in costume












One of the key tenants you learn in organizing a costume is Beg, Borrow, Steal. Working on a very minimal budget taught me that you need to be very creative when creating your costume on where you get the clothes from. For instance the hoodie in my costume was borrowed from Sailesh, and my T-shirt was from Emilio, the rest of my costume belonged to me.


Cool Kid 2

Accuracy was also something we tried to go for a lot with my costume, as we were creating a remake of a pre-existing music video. 
My costume was based off of the character we affectionately named Cool Kid 2.
Whilst planning this costume I learnt that complete accuracy may not always be the best route, as you should aim for a costume that fits in with the personality of the character, whilst also suiting you well.
Luckily with my costume we were able to get it very accurate, and look good on me.




Task 5: Completing the Remake Edit

My finished remake edit.
Completing the remake edit was quite difficult for me, as unlike everyone else, I worked on my own. But I did learn some very useful skills from taking part in it:
  • Give yourself enough time. A problem I had was that I severely underestimated the time it would take to complete the edit. From when i first started editing I realized how slow the process is, and ended up spending basically all my free time in the Edit Suite editing.
  • Another useful thing I learnt was to match up a whole take on a higher editing track, and then splice it in when needed. This saved a lot of time, and made the process a lot easier.
  • I also learnt about quite a lot of useful tools inside Adobe Premier Pro, such as the Lens Flare, which was really useful when creating the bright flashes that are throughout the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment