Our finished film opening sequence.


Our finished film opening sequence.

Thursday 22 June 2017

Evaluation Question 3: Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?


My Final Edit of the Echosmith - Coolkids Remake


I am very pleased with my finished edit of the remake. I feel like it went really well.

I was quite surprised with how well it turned out, because I didn't realize some of the shots that were filmed during the shoot day, and thought there would be much less footage to pull from.

However having a lot of footage was also quite a trouble, as there was so much to go through when trying to find the right shots whilst editing.

What Went Well:
  • I'm happy with some parts of the edit, like the opening sequence, which I feel that I was able to match directly to the original video really well.

  • I also am pleased with, where we didn't have some specific shots, I was able to use other shots and improvise whilst staying within the style of the music video, and not making cuts that were too jarring.

What Could have Gone Better:
  • Viewing it now I am quite dissapointed with my grading of some shots, as I feel they have come out too green, or just a bit too desaturated. These shots go across most of the video and, even though my grading was based completely off the original video, they just seem a bit out of place or weird.

  • Another Issue we encountered was thatt we didnt actually have the footage for some shots, so we had to improvise. Some of these improvisations look ok, but others don't look that great. For instance, a MS of Meera had to be created by zooming in really far, and this really decreased the quality of the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment